HISTORY OF THE FAIRLAND CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Prior to 1890, the Rev. Lee held a meeting at Prairie City, now Ogeechee, and organized a Christian church. In 1895 or 1898, the congregation moved to the town of Fairland, which was Indian Territory. The original 50’ lot, where the present day church now sits, was donated by the Cherokee Tribal Council. The church purchased an additional 25 feet from the Indian Land Commission for $19.00, and a white frame building was erected. The church later purchased 25 additional feet on the west side. By 1916, the church had about 80 members, and held regular preaching services on the first and third Sunday of each month.
In 1932, a rock building was built upon the same location as the original white frame building. The new church building dedicatory services were held Sept. 29, 1940.
In 1960, a new addition of classrooms, kitchen and offices were constructed, along with complete modernization of older facilities.
In 1994, the church was enlarged to include a new sanctuary, additional classrooms, foyer, etc.
Church attendance currently averages 150.